Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Why Graphic Design?

It's funny, this may be the first time I've asked myself this question. For as long as I can remember I've been told that I was to be an artist. I always accepted it because I liked drawing and did it often. Then High School came around and it was time to discern my career. 'Drawer' wasn't one of the vocation titles so I was directed to Graphic Design. At that time I understood it to be drawing via computer. I had no problem with that, but it wasn't until my second year at Missouri Western State University that I realized what Graphic Design actually was. It was everything. It was so very vast. So limitless. Graphic Design really pulls from all other departments. Looking back now I can see even before I knew what graphic Design was, it was my interest. Everything has design to it, including things I didn't realize were part of an artistic career; creating letters and fonts, devising logos, organizing information and objects, manipulating pictures. I choose Graphic Design because it excites me, intrigues me and its so fun. It doesn't feel like work, even when it's difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment