Monday, October 12, 2009

The past week

It didn't seem too busy until the end of the week. In my final productions of my extruded letterform, I managed to break it several times. I do enjoy constructing things but perhaps my foresight in materials was misled. I had gotten balsa wood because its soft, and thus easy to cut. I didnt factor in however that the glue I used would be stronger than the surface of the balsa wood. Any time too much pressure was applied, the top 'skin' of the wood would peel off. Fun times. A tactic I did manage to employ rather successfully was the "measure once, cut twice" philosophy. I had learned that lesson in previous projects and it saved me by not wasting my materials. I ended up having just the right amount. Anyway, its been fun for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment